Get the Road Trip USA Book
Road Trip USA is available from your favorite bookseller. Inside you’ll find:
- A flexible network of route combinations, color-coded and extensively cross-referenced to allow for hundreds of possible itineraries
- Mile-by-mile highlights celebrating the best of Americana, including roadside curiosities, parks, diners, and more
- Local history that reveals the unique personalities of small towns and big cities across the country
- Vintage snapshots, full-color photos, and beautiful illustrations of America both then and now
- Over 125 detailed driving maps covering more than 35,000 miles of classic American blacktop
- Advice from road-warrior Jamie Jensen, who cruised nearly 400,000 miles of highway in search of the perfect stretches of pavement
About Jamie Jensen
Jamie Jensen was immersed in road trip culture from an early age. He grew up in Southern California, back when freeways were new, cheeseburgers cost a quarter, and every beach had a beachfront amusement park.
After a three-year stint bumming around the country, making hay in Kansas, and ghostwriting a book for the Grateful Dead, Jamie set to work researching and writing Road Trip USA. Since then he’s traveled more than 400,000 miles in search of the perfect stretch of two-lane blacktop.
When not crisscrossing the country by car, he rides his bike whenever possible. Jamie lives with his wife, Catherine, and twin boys, Tom and Alex, in New York City, at the east end of the Lincoln Highway.
Other Road Trip Releases from Moon Travel Guides
What’s the difference between a Road Trip USA series guidebook and a Moon Road Trip book?
Road Trip USA books highlight the journey. If you’re fond of Americana, roadside attractions, or a touch of whimsical insight as you wind your way along the routes, these are the books for you. The individual route guides are excerpted from the full guide, great for if you’re only planning to do only one cross-country trip.
The Moon Road Trip series are travel guides that highlight the destination. Perfect for families, international visitors, or budget travelers hoping to see the best while traveling by car, these strategic road trip planners tell you where to go, what to see, and how long you’ll be on the road in both time and miles.
Retailers, Media, and General Inquiries:
1700 Fourth Street, Berkeley, CA 94710 510-809-3800 firstname.lastname@example.org