Ascend towering peaks, take in awe-inspiring views, and get to know some of the oldest, tallest, and rarest living things on Earth with Moon Sequoia & Kings Canyon.
Inside you’ll find:
- Flexible Itineraries: Unique and adventure-packed ideas for day hikers, winter visitors, families with kids, campers, and more
- The Best Hikes in Each National Park: Detailed hike descriptions, trail maps, mileage and elevation gains, and backpacking options
- Experience the Outdoors: Behold greatness at the base of a giant sequoia, stop and smell the wildflowers of Zumwalt Meadow, or savor panoramic views from the summit of Mount Whitney (the highest peak in the continental US!). Strap on snowshoes for a ranger-led winter walk or spelunk your way around otherworldly rock formations in Crystal Cave. Cool off in the mist of a trailside waterfall, conquer the 400-step climb to the top of Moro Rock, and gaze at ink-black skies with unbeatable views of the Milky Way
- How to Get There: Up-to-date information on traveling between the parks, gateway towns, park entrances, park fees, and tours
- Where to Stay: From RV or tent campgrounds to rustic cabins and all-inclusive lodges, find the best spots to kick back, both inside and outside the parks
- Planning Tips: When to go, what to pack, safety information, and how to avoid the crowds, with full-color photos and easy-to-use maps throughout
- Expert Insight: Former national park ranger Leigh Bernacchi provides helpful background on the parks’ history, geology, conservation efforts, and more
Find your adventure in Sequoia and Kings Canyon national parks with Moon.