A community as varied as the landscape it inhabits, and history as wild as the mountains themselves: whether you’re a foodie, artist, history buff, or hiker, Moon Asheville & the Great Smoky Mountains helps you plan the perfect trip for you.
What You’ll Find in Moon Asheville & the Great Smoky Mountains:
- Local perspective from writer, adventurer, and North Carolina resident Jason Frye
- Expertly crafted maps and reference photos with detailed directions for getting around on your own, all in an easy-to-navigate format
- Strategic itineraries for every trip and budget, including: one day in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, a five-day mountain getaway, one day in Asheville, and a classic bluegrass and mountain music journey
- Honest advice on driving routes, finding the best accommodations from campsites to boutique hotels, and navigating the region like a local
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Trek across the scenic hills, meadows, and streams of the Appalachian Trail, or take a dip in the natural hot springs dotting the mountainous terrain. Connect with the region’s rich artistic and cultural history, or go whitewater rafting, kayaking, or canoeing. Sample award-winning cuisine and discover the microbreweries that earned Asheville the title of “Beer City USA.” Set up camp in the Pisgah National Forest, or find the best local bed and breakfast for a relaxing weekend getaway
- Detailed and thorough information, including crucial background on culture and history, geography, and plants and wildlife
- Handy tools such as emergency resources and tips for hikers and campers, LGBTQ+ travelers, and travelers with disabilities
With Moon Asheville & the Great Smoky Mountains’practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.