Adventure awaits on the Last Frontier: make your way through Alaska’s mountains, glaciers, and rivers with Moon Anchorage, Denali & the Kenai Peninsula.
Inside you’ll find:
- Flexible itineraries including four days in Anchorage, four days in Denali National Park, day cruises, and a 10-day adventure covering the best of the Kenai Peninsula
- Strategic advice for hikers, adventure sports lovers, wildlife enthusiasts, budget travelers, and more
- Must-see highlights and outdoor experiences: Embark on a cruise to admire stunning fjords and watch brown bears catch wild salmon from a river. Go skiing at a mountain resort or hike through alpine forests. Dine on fresh king crab at the best restaurants in Anchorage or catch your own halibut on a fishing expedition. Take an intrepid “flightseeing” tour to secluded glacier landings in Denali National Park and discover the best spots to watch the northern lights dance across the sky
- Expert advice from Homer local Don Pitcher on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background on the landscape, wildlife, history, and local culture, plus up-to-date information about health and safety, transportation, and recreation
Find your adventure in Anchorage, Denali and the Kenai Peninsula with Moon’s expert advice and local insight.