Discover Texas with Moon Travel Guides!
Get to know the fiery spirit, Southern hospitality, and big personality of the Lone Star State. Inside Moon Texas you’ll find:
- Strategic itineraries for every budget and timeline, from a Route 66 road trip to quick getaways to the Hill Country, Big Bend National Park, and more
- Unique ideas and can’t-miss activities: Learn the meaning of Texas pride at the Alamo, marvel at the original Mission Control at the NASA Space Center, or brush up on your presidential history at the Dallas Museum. Sample authentic, smoky barbecue, classic Tex-Mex staples, and down-home Southern cooking. Catch a show in the “Live Music Capital of the World,” or learn the moves at a honky-tonk in Hill Country. See the striking sunset over the Palo Duro Canyon, stroll along the Padre Island National Seashore, or watch a genuine cowboy cattle heard at a classic Texas ranch
- Honest advice from Austin local Andy Rhodes on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around
- Thorough background information on the state’s culture, history, geography, and regional vernacular
- Full-color photos and detailed, easy-to-use maps throughout
- Focused coverage of Dallas and Fort Worth, Austin and the Hill Country, San Antonio and South Texas, Houston and East Texas, the Gulf Coast, El Paso and West Texas, the Big Bend Region, and the Panhandle Plains
With Moon Texas‘ practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.