Wind-carved red rocks, brightly-painted adobe houses, and miles of open desert road: explore the beauty of the Southwest with Moon Southwest Road Trip. Inside you’ll find:
- Maps and Driving Tools: 32 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, detailed directions for the entire route, and full-color photos throughout
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: With lists of the best hikes, views, and more, you can revel in the glitz of Las Vegas, shop the markets of Santa Fe, and sample Tex-Mex cuisine. Marvel at the sandstone spires of Monument Valley and the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde National Park, or go mountain biking in Moab or swimming in Havasu Falls
- Flexible Itineraries: Drive the entire two-week road trip, or follow strategic routes like a Route 66 road trip or a week-long tour of the national parks, as well as suggestions for spending time in Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce, Arches and Canyonlands, Santa Fe, and Taos
- Local Expertise: Road warrior and Arizona local Tim Hull shares his love of the Southwest (including where to find the best fiery chiles!)
- How to Plan Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas and how to avoid traffic, plus tips for driving in different road and weather conditions and suggestions for LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road-trippers with kids
- Coverage of New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and Nevada
With Moon Southwest Road Trip‘s practical tips, flexible itineraries, and local know-how, you’re ready to fill up the tank and hit the road.