Moon Pennsylvania reveals the best of this diverse state: cosmopolitan culture, outdoor adventure, rural relaxation, and more.
What you’ll find in Moon Pennsylvania:
- Flexible, strategic itineraries that can be adapted for your schedule and interests, from weekend getaways to the best of Pennsylvania in 7 days
- Honest advice on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay
- Curated travel tips for history buffs, foodies, arts and culture mavens, outdoor adventurers, families, and more
- Detailed maps throughout
- Expert insight from Philadelphia local Rachel Vigoda
- Activities and ideas for every traveler, season, and budget: Hike, camp, or show off your snowboarding skills in the Poconos. Spot roaming elk in the Pennsylvania Wilds, relax on the shores of Lake Erie, wander the museums in Philadelphia, or explore Pittsburgh’s hip arts scene. Take in American history at Gettysburg, marvel at Frank Lloyd Wright’s masterpiece in the Laurel Highlands, or step back in time with a horse-drawn buggy ride through Amish country (and grab a fresh-baked pie from one of the many roadstands). Track down the best Philly cheesesteak, indulge in chocolate heaven at Hershey, or find the hippest restaurants and bars for a night on the town
- Detailed coverage of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Dutch Country, the Pocono Mountains, Pittsburgh, the Alleghenies, the Lake Region, and Pennsylvania Wilds
- Suggestions for day trips from Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, including Bucks County, Amish Country, Moraine and McConnells Mill State Parks, Fallingwater, and Cook Forest
- Thorough background information on the landscape, plants and animals, climate, and local culture
With Moon Pennsylvania‘s expert advice, myriad activities, and local insight, you can plan your trip your way.