The spicy scent of crawfish, the crooning of a corner saxophonist, the refreshing sip of an authentic Sazerac: New Orleans is a true sensory feast. Take a bite out of the Big Easy with Moon New Orleans.
- Explore the City: Navigate by neighborhood or by activity with color-coded maps, or follow a guided neighborhood walk through Uptown, the Warehouse District, Treme, and more
- See the Sites: Learn about African American history at the Backstreet Cultural Museum, ride the St. Charles Streetcar, and sip a little something while you shop on Magazine Street. Take a leisurely bike ride in City Park, appreciate the wild beauty of the bayou, and explore 300 years of history in the city’s famous cemeteries.
- Get a Taste of the City: Enjoy funky eateries serving Asian-Southern fusion, vegan soul food, and modern Latin fare, or head uptown to the classic French-Creole restaurants and corner po-boy shops. Savor sweet beignets with cafe au lait, sample Cajun classics like alligator and boudin, and dive into a delicious bowl of gumbo
- Bars and Nightlife: Sip a Sazerac in the Roosevelt Hotel or a Ramos Gin Fizz straight from a shaker machine, listen to the live music on Frenchmen Street, discover the best gay bars in town, and take your cocktail to go. Sample stouts at a local microbrewery, see what’s on draft at the first cidery in New Orleans, and find out where the locals go to laissez les bon temps rouler
- Local Advice from proud New Orleanian Nora McGunnigle
- Flexible, Strategic Itineraries for music lovers, foodies, history buffs, and more, plus easy trips outside the city including Jungle Gardens, Bayou Teche Brewing, and the Blue Moon Saloon and Guesthouse
- Tips for Travelers including where to stay, how to safely bike around the city, and advice for LGBTQ+ visitors, international travelers, families with children, and more
- Maps and Tools like background information on the history and culture of New Orleans, easy-to-read maps, full-color photos, and neighborhood guides
Go beyond the French Quarter and experience the real New Orleans with Moon’s practical tips and local know-how.