Discover Idaho with Moon Travel Guides!
Whether you’re hitting the slopes, paddling glacial lakes, or sipping your way through the Snake River Valley, explore the best of the Gem State with Moon Idaho.
Inside you’ll find:
- Strategic itineraries for any timeline or budget, including the best scenic road trips, a wine country weekend, and a winter sports getaway
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Spend a day sipping local vintages in the Snake River Valley wine country, or relax at a ritzy Sun Valley lodge after a day of skiing and snowboarding some of the best slopes in the country. Hike through the Rockies to alpine lakes and waterfalls, marvel at the bizarre landscape at Craters of the Moon National Monument, or go white-water rafting on the Salmon River. Explore Boise’s hip downtown area, browse unique antique shops and used bookstores in historic Nampa, or grab a drink at a rustic saloon in a Victorian-era mining town
- Where to find the best outdoor recreation, including cross-country and alpine skiing, rafting, kayaking, mountain biking, fishing, golfing, rock climbing, and hiking, plus essential health and safety tips
- Expert insight from Boise local James Patrick Kelly
- Detailed maps and handy reference photos throughout
- Honest advice on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay, from historic inns and B&Bs to budget motels and campgrounds
- Thorough information including background on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and local culture
With Moon Idaho’s expert advice, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.