Escape to the Gem State and discover a diverse landscape primed for endless adventure. Inside Moon Idaho you’ll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries for 4-to-5-day road trips to visit Boise’s wine country, Sun Valley and Sawtooth’s mountains, or the lakes of the Panhandle
- Outdoor recreation: Raft on the Payette River, take a challenging hike, and paddle pristine turquoise lakes. Bike the Boise River Greenbelt, see multihued wildflowers in bloom, or take in celestial wonders in the first gold-tier dark sky reserve in the U.S.
- The top activities and unique experiences: Road trip the Thousand Springs Scenic Byway for waterfall photo-ops or experience Basque culture in vibrant Boise. Learn about the state’s literary legacy or visit a historic ghost town. Savor fresh flavors at a farm-to-table restaurant and kick back with some of Idaho’s delicious local microbrews
- Ways to respectfully engage with Indigenous cultures: Shop for handmade goods, visit a museum to learn about Indigenous history, or admire ancient petroglyphs
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expert advice from Idaho local and lifelong adventurer Teresa Bruffey Kaufman
- Reliable background on the culture, weather, wildlife, and history, plus tips on driving conditions and traveling sustainably
Find your adventure with Moon Idaho.
Exploring nearby? Check out Moon Montana & Wyoming or Moon Oregon. Passing through? Try Moon Oregon Trail Road Trip.