Moon Chesapeake Bay reveals the beauty of the Chesapeake Bay’s historic cities, charming villages, and untouched natural treasures.
What you’ll find in Moon Chesapeake Bay:
- Strategic itineraries for every budget and timeline, ranging from a long weekend in Baltimore to seven days on the Eastern Shore
- Curated advice for beach-goers, family vacationers, history buffs, and more, including tips for a Chesapeake Bay road trip
- Detailed maps and handy reference photos throughout
- Must-see attractions and off-beat ideas for making the most of your trip: Explore Baltimore’s myriad museums, or browse the trendy boutiques in historic Annapolis. Hike verdant trails, go rock climbing, or try your hand at sailing. Relax on a quiet stretch of secluded shoreline, or stroll along the busy Virginia Beach boardwalk. Spot wild ponies roaming freely on Assateague Island, crack softshell claws at an authentic crab shack, and unwind with a drink as the boats sway gently in the harbor
- Honest advice from Maryland expert Michaela Riva Gaaserud on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from historic inns to motels or beach campgrounds
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, international visitors, traveling with pets, and travelers with disabilities
- Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, and history
With Moon’s local insight, diverse activities, and expert tips, you can plan your trip your way!
Coverage of: Baltimore, Annapolis and Southern Maryland, Maryland’s Eastern Shore, Assateague Island, Ocean City, Delaware beaches, and coastal Virginia (Northern Neck, Williamsburg and the Historic Triangle, Hampton Roads, Virginia Beach, and Virginia’s Eastern Shore)