Whether you’re visiting the park for a day hike or spending a long weekend under the stars, escape to the great outdoors with Moon Best of Acadia. Inside you’ll find:
- Easy itineraries for one to three days in Acadia National Park, from a morning drive along the Park Loop Road, to a day hike on Cadillac Mountain, to a full weekend exploring the park
- The top hikes in Acadia: Whether you’re looking to stretch your legs for a couple hours or challenge yourself to a full day hike, you’ll find trailheads, detailed trail descriptions, individual maps, mileage, and elevation gains
- Can’t-miss experiences: Make it the perfect getaway with the best views, picnic spots, and more. Embark on a whale-watching excursion or hike along the secluded rocky shore of Isle de Haut. Sea kayak at sunset, take a leisurely bike ride through fiery fall foliage, or marvel at the tide roaring through Thunder Hole
- Outdoor adventures: Hike to rushing waterfalls, soak in hidden hot springs, and spot wild mustangs, gray whales, or eagles. Trek to unbeatable views of Crater Lake (the deepest lake in America!), cycle along the Willamette River, or ski the fresh powder on Mount Hood
- Stunning full-color photos and detailed maps throughout, plus a full-color foldout map
- Essential planning tips: Find out when to go, where to stay, and what to pack, plus up-to-date information on entrance fees, reservations, and safety advice
- Expert insight from born-and-bred Mainer Hilary Nangle
Make the most of your adventure with Moon Best of Acadia.
Planning a longer trip? Pick up Moon Maine. Visiting more of North America’s incredible national parks? Try Moon USA National Parks.