Remote, wild, and all-around otherworldly, Alaska promises unforgettable adventure. Discover the heart of “The Last Frontier” with Moon Alaska.
What you’ll find in Moon Alaska:
- Strategic itineraries for every budget and timeline, whether you have a week to hit the top sights or a month to explore the whole state
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout, plus a full-color foldout map
- Curated advice for outdoor adventurers, history buffs, culture mavens, road-trippers, wildlife enthusiasts, and more
- Must-see attractions and off-beat ideas for making the most of your trip: Embark on a guided active glacier hike, explore ice caves, or take an intrepid “flightseeing” tour to secluded glacier landings in Denali National Park. Experience the thrill of spotting wild bears, moose, or even walrus, or catch a glimpse of sea otters and humpback whales on a boat tour of the spectacular Kenai Fjords. Hike through lush wilderness or along pristine beaches, kayak on tranquil sounds or secluded lakes, or camp under the crystal-clear stars. Learn about Alaska’s native cultures and quirky small towns, savor a freshly-caught seafood dinner, and discover the best spots to witness the enchanting northern lights
- Honest advice from Anchorage local and outdoor aficionado Lisa Maloney on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from campsites and hostels to B&Bs and resort fishing lodges
- How to get there and get around by plane, train, ferry, cruise ship, or guided tour
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, international visitors, and travelers with disabilities
- Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, local laws, history, and health and safety
With Moon Alaska‘s local insight, myriad activities, and expert advice, you can plan your trip your way.
Full list of coverage: Juneau and Southeast Alaska, Anchorage and Southcentral Alaska, Denali, Fairbanks, and the Interior, Kodiak and Southwest Alaska, the Arctic